1. How long have you been a part of the ROOST team?
We formed ROOST in January of 2014. Prior to that I owned another real estate franchise and worked with a local real estate firm.
2. What’s the number one myth that you hear about the Real Estate market that you’d like to clear up?
It’s a myth that the market is in bad shape right now. Well cared for houses priced right are selling very well right now and will continue to.
3. What is your favorite part about helping people find their next home or helping people sell their current home?
The best part of my job is helping people list and sell the home they currently live in while at the same time helping them find and purchase their new home. There are a lot of moving parts that have to be coordinated but my job is to make the complex as simple and stress-free as possible
4. In your opinion what makes ROOST a different kind of real estate company?
We built this brand to be Smart, Passionate, Supportive, and Approachable. ROOST is the real estate company I always wanted to work for.
5. What is the one thing you would tell someone who is hesitant to list their home out of fear of the market?
Many people think they still owe too much on their current mortgage to be able to successfully list, sell and move to a new home. The market has changed a lot in the last few months and they owe it to themselves to have qualified professional take another look at their situation. Give us a shout – it costs you nothing and you may be surprised.
6. When you’re not working at ROOST what hobby occupies your time?
I have to admit dreaming about what ROOST is going to look like in the next five to ten years takes up a lot of my time. I do however love to run trails, ride my bike, and take beach vacations. My wife Kelly and I go to the movies almost every Saturday afternoon as well.
7. What is one thing that most people don’t know about you?
Kelly and I have been married for almost 28 years and we have two grown daughters. Gretchen who is our Property Manager at ROOST and Sara who is studying to be a chef in Columbus.
8. Coffee or tea?
9. Cats or Dogs?
We have both in the house.
10. Favorite movie?
I really enjoyed the new Richard Linklater movie Boyhood this year. Definitely in my top 10 of all time. If you love movies this one is a winner.